My guest on this episode is Deena Pierott whose purpose is Diversity, Inclusion and Equity. She tells us about how she tapped into her purpose even as a little girl, and all the places it’s taken her since, and the impact it’s had on the world.
You can find out more about Deena here:
- Urban Entrepreneur Network: UENetworks.com
- iUrbanTeen Program, which encourages black and brown youth to follow their spark in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- White House Champions for Change
- NPR Creating Technology Comes From Passion
We’re in the business of helping businesses maximize impact (your bottom line is one kind of impact, but we’re talking about more than that; impact on your customers, your employees, your suppliers, your community at large and the environment). We became a B Corp both to be recognized for the work we’re already doing and to continually hold ourselves to a higher standard.
Past Purpose Podcast episodes featuring B Corps:
- Jenelle Isaacson Living Room Realty Ep019
- Brian Setzler TriLibrium Ep021
- Rob Jordan Idealist Consulting Ep025
- Franklin Jones B-Line Sustainable Urban Delivery Ep028
- Duncan Berry Fishpeople Seafood Ep030
Join me in Detroit on June 12th for my brand new workshop Purpose Drives Growth.